Sunday 25 September 2011

'Making common French words into fancy English words.' Also known as decoupaging.

I found this coffee table in a junk shop with the scissor silhouette mysteriously burned/ stained onto it, crying out 'buy me and stick stuff on me'. So I did! I'm sure there's lots of proper ways to decoupage, but I'm a simple soul so I just stuck everything on with copydex and covered it all with four coats of clear varnish and voilĂ ! I chose a map of Paris, with a polaroid of the Eiffel Tower, which is pointed out on the map by the arrow. The tickets on the left are from my travels around Europe with my co-writer, and our good friend Marshy. Use something with a story behind it to provide coffee time conversation!


Fiona x
p.s. Puppy in bottom photograph not included! He just really likes copydex, yummy..

No comments:

Post a Comment